September 2018 Goals
T-24 days until classes…
It’s peak grind time.
- I addressed all comments from Sam and Laura, and all minor comments from both reviewers and George.
- I’m almost done revising my discussion, which is the last step for reviewer comments
- I tested the DNA extraction protocol with the Genome Sciences Thermomixer a BUNCH and it didn’t really work (trial 1, trial 2, trial 3).
- Drafted a plan for successful extractions without the Thermomixer! Hopefully that protocol will be successful
- Nothing got done. Reviewer comments and protocol testing consumed my life.
- FINISH ADDRESSING REVIEWER COMMENTS AND SEND THE REVISED MANUSCRIPT TO JSR!
- Finish gene enrichment analysis
- Update methods section
- Write results
- Outline discussion
- Present at PCSGA!
- Test DNA extraction protocol
- Extract broodstock DNA
Written on September 1, 2018