West Coast Green Crab Experiment Part 30
Julia and I are gearing up for SICB! I returned to Sequencher to revisit our genotypes to do the following:
- Genotype six of Julia’s samples that we received after Julia finished her internship
- Review all of the crab genotypes to make sure the correct genotype is listed in the Sequencher file
Everything was pretty straightforward and all of the genotypes looked good! Nothing required any switching.
When I initially genotyped my samples, I used one position. Carolyn showed me that there are actually two positions you can call the genotype from. The easiest to find (and the one I used) is roughly ~30 bp downstream of the first place you can call genotype. I updated my spreadsheet with genotype information from the first position as well. I was able to get genotype data from this position for all of my samples, and (of course) that genotype matched up with the genotype I called from the other position.
Now Julia should be set with all the data she needs for SICB!
- Keep cleaning and running PCR blanks
- Finish extracting respirometry samples
- Continue with Chelex extractions, PCRs, and gels for TTR crabs
- Perform Qubit assay with any sample consistently not showing up on a gel
- Update methods and results of 2022 paper
- Examine HOBO data from 2023 experiment
- Demographic data analysis for 2023 paper
- Update methods and results of 2023 paper