March 2019 Goals
No no small child, don’t worry. There is a spring break. And I’m even going on vacation! However, this means that I only have 19 days to finish up all of my March goals :0 But first, let’s review last month’s progress.
February Goals Recap:
- Submitted my bypass application…AND GOT MY BYPASS APPROVED! That’s right. I’m a Ph.D student now :0
- I did a gene enrichment! Wasn’t really useful.
- I described gene products for DMR-mRNA and DML-mRNA overlaps.
- Since I’m still working on analyses, I haven’t figured out a story to write about in my next paper.
- I also started isolating DNA from sperm samples from the Lotterhos Lab’s 2018 experiment.
- Didn’t send samples for sequencing or determine if I can isolate RNA, but I did make a nifty flowchart.
- Finish gene product descriptions
- Compare hypermethylated and hypomethylated DMRs and DMLs
- Draft discussion
- Finish sperm DNA extractions and send samples for whole genome bisulfite sequencing
- Figure out what to do with the isolated DNA…and do it.
- Add new members to my committee
- Schedule a committee meeting
- Figure out when I’m taking my written exam
- Polish my Ph.D proposal
Written on March 1, 2019