pH Unit Conversion and Averaging
Having pH in mV makes no sense
…which is why I had to convert some pH measurements today! My goal was to take my water chemistry data and use an R script from Hollie to convert mV readings to pH units. Looking at the script, I realized the first thing I needed to do was separate my water chemistry data into individual grab sample and calibration curve spreadsheets by date. I could have done this in an R script, but I didn’t want to spend time figuring it out. I just copied and pasted stuff into different .csv files. You can find the raw data for grab samples and calibration curve measurements in the linked folders.
Then, I ran the script! It gave me a separate data file for each sampling day (named “Data YEAR-MONTH-DAY .csv”). Those data files can be found in this folder. I then compiled all of the data from the individual files into this one .csv file that only has data from oyster experimental tanks. Finally, I ran that data through this R script to average pH by experimental condition! I wrote out the data here.
Now to update the methods section to reflect this process. So close to submitting this paper!