April 2018 Goals
April showers = More writing hours
#FakeApril has begun, and it’s brought some rainy days! Time to curl up under my blanket with a cup of chai and get to writing.
- I FINISHED THE DNR PAPER (well, sent a clean, full draft to Emma, Brent and Steven)
- Haven’t finalized repository contents, supplemental information, or sent a draft to the other co-authors because writing a discussion took way longer than I anticipated (pretty sure my brain hurt for 3 days straight)
- Finished analyzing gonad histology data
- Completed a preliminary analysis of my larval survival data
- Gave a talk about my Manchester work at NSA! I think it went well.
- I did not set up my analysis pipeline :(
- I’m just going to go ahead and table this until 1) I submit my DNR paper, 2) I submit my Manchester paper, and 3) Pub-a-thon starts
- Reading a paper every day doesn’t work for my ability to retain information. I’m more of a “read a fat stack of papers at all once” person. I did go through at least 30-40 papers this month while writing my DNR paper and preparing for my NSA talk!
- Reading and attending NSA 2018 helped me come up with some ideas for next steps!
- Send paper to other co-authors for comments
- Combine supplementary information and finalize paper repository
- Submit paper for publication!
- Channel my inner Mac and write an entire paper and submit it in one month
- My C. virginica MBD-Seq data came in! My goal is to set-up the pipeline and begin analyses
- Write down project ideas for my Ph.D since I now have an NSF GRFP
- Develop our lab’s outreach activity for the SEAS Open House
- Create a lesson plan for the #scicomm lesson I’m leading for the Outreach to Diverse Audiences in Aquatic and Fishery Sciences class I’m co-facilitating
Written on April 4, 2018