June 2017 Goals
(Almost) done with Spring Quarter already?!
Can’t believe it’s already June! In keeping with the April and May #MemeThemes, here’s a picture of Mama June from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo that properly expresses my reaction to the passage of time.
May Goals Recap
- Developed a preliminary heat shock plan, but it needs to be revised
- In-depth spawning plan preparation put on halt because I can’t get in contact with Molly
- Skyline is tempermental so I don’t have a list of targets yet
- I wrote an introduction for the DNR paper! It’s rough, but it’s made of real words :smile:
- Not only do I have an extraction plan, but the extractions are well underway
- I have the pipeline for my metaanalysis ready to go, but I need either emu or roadrunner to be free so I can start. The days those machines are free are when I’m not, so by the time I’m free, the machines are occupied again. Whoops :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
- Heat shock oysters
- Have an in-depth spawning plan
- Get Skyline to function
- Create a list of targets
- Finish extractions
- Finally, FINALLY start that metaanalysis pipeline so it’s no longer a pipe dream
It’s quite a chunk of work, especially considering I’ll be working from California for a week. But I think it’s doable considering the fact that I won’t have any classes!
Written on June 1, 2017