July 2017 Goals
June was rather slow
But July will be much busier! Unfortunately, I don’t have a fun celebrity meme that’s July-themed.
June Goals Recap
- I heat shocked 12 oysters. I will use them to examine the effect of heat stress on epigenetic variation, and to see if crossing these oysters with those exposed to low pH conditions will lead to different epigenetic patterns.
- Drafted a preliminary spawning plan.
- Skyline works! I error checked again and examined the 3,000 extra proteins I got.
- Currently working on that list of targets.
- Finished DNR extractions.
- Finish that list of targets
- Run samples on the mass spectrometer
- Finish conditioning oysters
- Trim down crosses for spawning
- Spawn oysters
- Find a third committee member
- Talk to Steven about funding after Summer 2018
- SERIOUSLY START THAT METAANALYSIS.
Written on July 4, 2017